We had a long day yesterday. And thanks to mother nature’s Snow Storm of the Century IV, we pulled into our driveway at 10:30 p.m. with a crying baby, a pair of boobs trying to rip out their own sutures and unclear directions as to how best to proceed.
You know that point in labor where you are kind of half crying and exhausted and sort of whimpering “I can’t do this. I can’t do this.” ?
It is 8:30 a.m. and I am just past that. I have finally decided to suck it up and push through this. I have entered the “All right, Goddammit,” phase, which is a much better place to be.
In the meantime, here is an expert list of things in order of OUCH:
1. Pitocin-induced labor contractions
2. 10 week miscarriage “contractions”
3. Pumping OR enduring an engorged breast that has recently had surgery
4. Regular labor contractions
5. Broken jaw
6. Broken arm
7. Pitocin-induced post-baby uterine contractions.
I think that is all I know for sure.
If we were making a list of GROSS, we would have a different winner.
Thanks so much for the well-wishes, yall.
No related posts.